Indulge In These 3 Brownies That Are Free Of Wheat, Dairy and Refined Sugar
Last updated on
When you give up gluten and refined sugars, you do not have to say goodbye to your favorite foods. If you have missed eating brownies for a tasty snack, then you will fall in love with these four brownie recipes.
Each recipe is wheat and dairy-free and does not contain any refined sugar. This makes these treats perfect for those who are lactose intolerant, on a gluten-free diet, or simply want to eat healthier.
Indulge in these four brownies that are wheat, dairy, and refined sugar-free.
1. No-Bake Vegan Brownies
This first recipe is entirely raw and should only take about 20 minutes to prepare. It uses a combination of raw walnuts and cacao nibs to create a delicious brownie that contains no added sugar, wheat, or dairy.
- 1 cup of raw walnuts (plus an additional ½ cup for the topping)
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 2½ cups of dates (pitted)
- ¾ cup of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- Start making your brownies by processing the dates in the food processor until you have small bits. Remove the dates and set aside.
- Place the walnuts and almonds in a food processor. Blend until finely ground. Add the cacao powder and the salt and pulse until combined. Add handfuls of the ground dates and pulse until mixed. You may not use all the dates, but continue adding until you have a doughy mixture.
- Add the brownie mix to an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Press the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the ½ cup of walnuts and the cacao nibs on top of the brownie mix and press until flat. Store the brownies in your fridge for at least one hour to harden before serving.
2. Layered Raw Chocolate Brownies
Two-layer chocolate brownies are delicious and include a raw topping that is actually good for you. Containing protein, fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids, this dessert contains wholesome natural ingredients.
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- ½ a cup of hulled hemp seeds
- 1½ cups of Medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ a cup of raw cacao powder
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao nibs
- ¼ cup of raw walnut pieces
- ½ a cup of coconut oil
- ½ a cup of raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup of raw honey
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a food processor, add the 1 cup of walnuts and process until you have a fine crumb. Add the hemp seeds and the dates. Blend until you have a sticky mixture. Next, add the cacao powder, vanilla, and salt and blend until thoroughly combined. Stir in the remaining ¼ cup of raw walnuts and the cacao nibs.
- Press this mixture into the 8×8 pan. Make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed. Place the pan in your freezer while you prepare the topping.
- To make the topping, melt the coconut oil over low heat in a medium saucepan. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the cacao powder, raw honey, salt, and vanilla. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove your brownies from the freezer and pour the topping over the brownies. Spread the mixture evenly and then carefully transfer the pan to your freezer. Chill your brownies for at least 20 minutes before serving.
3. Espresso Walnut Brownies
This last recipe is also fairly simple to prepare. No baking is required to create these moist, rich brownies with a chocolate espresso flavor.
- 1½ cups of raw walnuts
- 1 cup of raw almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2½ cups of Medjool dates (pitted)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 2 teaspoons of espresso powder
- Place the dates in the food processor and blend until you have small bits of dates. Remove the ground dates and set in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of walnuts and 1 cup of almonds in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Add the cocoa powder and espresso powder. Pulse until the ingredients are combined. Begin adding small handfuls of the dates to the mixture and mixing until blended. Continue adding dates until the mixture is able to hold together.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press the brownie mixture into the pan. Once the mixture is pressed and evenly distributed, sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top. Store the brownies in your fridge for at least one hour and sprinkle the espresso powder when serving.
Just because you want to eat healthily or you need to avoid wheat, dairy, or sugar, does not mean that you need to avoid all snacks and treats. These vegan-friendly raw brownie recipes are easy to prepare, do not require any baking, and are healthier options if you like brownies. Now you can enjoy your favorite desserts without worrying about your waistline.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.