Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Curcumin in turmeric has been shown to have anti-inflammation ability, and has been closely associated with the inhibition of colon, skin, breast and gastric cancer.
Here are more evidence-based health benefits of turmeric:
- Curcumin boosts brain power-derived neurotrophic factor, linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases
- Curcumin leads to various improvements that should lower your risk of heart disease
- Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory, it makes sense that it could help with arthritis.
- Studies show that curcumin has incredible benefits against depression
- Curcumin may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases
- Curcumin is not easy for your body to absorb. This is why it is essential to find an effective way to integrate turmeric into your diet to get its super benefits for health.
According to a study published in the International Journal of Food Science and Technology, the bioavailability of turmeric increased in rats when it was fermented.
Another way to superboost the bioavailability of turmeric by up to 2000%.
Here is a recipe for you to ferment turmeric, which will make the most of turmeric to pacify pain, promote digestion and reduce inflammation.
Turmeric Lime Soda
- 1 cup unpeeled sliced turmeric
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 organic lemons or limes (you can also use both lemon and lime)
- 6 cups water
- Add the turmeric to boiling water and let it boil for 20 minutes until the water becomes yellow.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool and then add the zest, lemon juice and honey. Transfer to a large mason jar.
- Close the lid and leave it in a space where it won’t be exposed to sunlight for 3 days in warm temperature. If you are preparing it in winter, then keep for 4-5 days.
- Make sure to stir slightly from time to time. Strain off the fluid into bottles and let it carbonate for 3 days. Then you can put it in the refrigerator. It will last a week before tasting like vinegar.
- It will slowly start fermenting. When you are ready to drink it, make sure to stir it properly.
Your delicious, anti-cancer tonic is ready!
This article was originally published by NaturalNews.com. It is republished here with permission.