The many astounding health benefits of pure salt.
How we have deprived our body of this
simple basic need by feeding it toxins instead.
Types Of Salt
Salt is essential for the survival of all living creatures, including human. It is needed to regulate the water content in our body. We often hear bad press about salt, and indeed table salt which is refined, is extremely unhealthy and toxic. What our body really needs is natural pure salt. Taking the wrong type of salt is detrimental to our health.
In fact, without the right kind of salt, our body will encounter many kinds of problems. Is it any wonder then, by taking table salt, our body is actually deprived of the real salt and minerals. Here’s only a small shocking list of what can happen when our body lacks proper salt:
- High blood pressure
- Accelerated aging cellular degeneration
- Respiratory and blood sugar problems
- Liver failure, kidney problems, adrenal exhaustion
- Heart muscles tire and lacerate, causing fatal heart attack
There are many types of salt so here are the basics.
Table Salt: Also known as common salt, is commonly used by most people for cooking and for food preservation. Table salt is refined (processed), removing 82 out of the 84 minerals in salt, leaving behind only sodium and chloride.
Over-consumption of table salt causes many untold health problems.
Read about the dangers of table salt.
Sea Salt: Sea salt is a general term that refers to salt derived directly from the sea. And that is what it is, except that it most are refined—similar to table salt.
There are many brands out there, so when purchasing ensure that the sea salt you’re buying is not purely white and very dry. Real sea salt are unprocessed, a little grayish in color, and a little moist.
Celtic Sea Salt: Refers to naturally moist salt harvested from the Atlantic seawater off the coast of Brittany, France. This type of salt are harvested using the Celtic method of wooden rakes allowing no metal to touch the salt.
It is naturally air and sun-dried in clay ponds and gathered with wooden tools to preserve its living enzymes. Because it is unrefined, it contains all of the 84 beneficial live elements found in sea water, with no chemical and preservatives nor any other additives.
Minerals and Trace Elements Found in Celtic Sea Salt
Among the live minerals and trace elements found in Celtic sea salt are iodine, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium and zinc. The 84 trace minerals provide the necessary nutrients and protect the body from the harshness of sodium chloride that we consume from commercial salt.
The appropriate magnesium content ensures that unused sodium is quickly and completely eliminated from the body through the kidneys to prevent harm.
The Healing Virtues of Celtic Sea Salt
Celtic sea salt has tremendous healing virtues that have the exact opposite effects of refined salt. It helps to balance out and nourish our body with minerals that our body lacks. It is particularly helpful in helping with mucus elimination. Here are some conditions that Celtic sea salt is also good for:
- Sinus and bronchial congestion: I have seen many times how Celtic sea salt when taken before sleep has helped the sufferer sleep through the night as it breaks up the irritating mucus, providing much relief.
- Regulate blood pressure: We are right to say that salt causes high blood pressure but it is the toxic table salt that is the culprit. Celtic sea salt has been shown to actually normalize blood pressure. It literally goes around your body and ‘scrounges’ for the harmful sodium deposits and completely eliminates it from your body. If you have high blood pressure, pure salt will bring it down. But if you have low blood pressure, pure salt will bring it up. Only nature has been designed with the ability to do this.
- Deeper and more restful sleep: When Celtic sea salt is taken with warm water before bedtime, it promotes a deeper and longer sleep that is both restful and refreshing. Nor does it cause you to wake up and wanting to urinate.
- Water retention: We often hear that salt causes water retention. Again, this is only because the wrong salt was taken–table/commercial salt. Celtic sea salt does the opposite by helping our body properly balance out the electrolyte minerals and releasing the retained water.
- Kidney stones: Celtic sea salt has also been reported to actually dissolve kidney stones.
- Building the immune system and aids healing: Celtic sea salt provides the rich minerals directly to our cells to enhance resistance to infections and bacterial diseases. It also helps our body heal quicker when there has been a surgery, sickness, burns, mental disorders, etc.
- Prevent over-acidity in body: The rich minerals effectively eliminates unwanted sodium from the body, extracting excess acidity in the body, especially in the brain. The electrolytes are vital to the nerves for communication and information processing of the brain cells.
- Helps control saliva: If you drool in your sleep, it could mean that your body is deprived of the right kind of salt, and that you are not drinking enough water. This condition may also lead to double chin as your saliva glands work doubly hard to lubricate your insides. Drink more water with Celtic sea salt to stop this condition.
- Wound Healing: Bathing wounds in sea salt water does not sting, and it helps wounds to heal faster. Also helpful for gargling or drinking to ease sore throats.
- Diabetics: Helps balance out sugar in blood in diabetics.
- Muscle cramps: Providing essential minerals to the muscles and preventing muscle cramps.
- Strong alkalinizer: Helps keep our body at the right pH. This is important as an over-acidic body creates many health problems and an endless list of degenerative diseases.
The most convincing fact that salt is critical to life
is that the amniotic fluid is salty !
And that salt is definitely not processed salt !
How To Use Celtic Sea Salt
Now that you know that table salt is harmful, remove it from your kitchen shelf and replace it with Celtic sea salt. Use Celtic sea salt for all flavoring just as you would in place of table salt.
Generally, you would need only 2/3 of the amount you normally use. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 tsp of salt, then just use 2/3 tsp and it would give your cooking sufficient (and better) taste and flavor.
For therapeutic use, increase on your water intake. Preferably at least 2 liter of water a day. But to be more accurate, check how much water you should drink a day. For every 8 oz of water, stir in 1/8 teaspoon (or a pinch) of Celtic sea salt and drink. No, drinking Celtic salt water does not make you thirsty, only dead table salt makes you thirsty. Celtic salt is live food, and is nourishing to your body.
Also try to put in a pinch of sea salt into your fresh juices and taste the difference.
As in all good things, take Celtic sea salt in moderation.
Caution: Cancer patients DO NOT take salt, eliminate salt from your diet.