There are many astounding health benefits of pure salt that many don’t know about. A pinch of seasalt a day may do little miracles.
Types Of Salt
Salt is essential for the survival of all living creatures, including human. It is needed to regulate the water content in our body. We often hear bad press about salt, and indeed table salt which is refined, is extremely unhealthy and toxic. What our body really needs is natural pure salt. Taking the wrong type of salt is detrimental to our health.
In fact, without the right kind of salt, our body will encounter many kinds of problems. Is it any wonder then, by taking table salt, our body is actually deprived of the real salt and minerals. Here’s only a small shocking list of what can happen when we consume the wrong kind of (refined) salt that is found in abundance in commercial cooking and processed foods:
- High blood pressure
- Accelerated aging cellular degeneration
- Respiratory and blood sugar problems
- Aggravates inflammatory issues—rheumatism, asthma, arthritis and gout
- Liver failure, adrenal exhaustion
- Kidney and gallbladder stones
- Heart muscles tire and lacerate, causing fatal heart attack
There are many types of salt so here are the basics.
Table Salt: Also known as common or refined salt, is commonly used by most people for cooking and for food preservation. Table salt is heavily processed in excessive heat that removes 82 out of the 84 minerals in salt, leaving behind only sodium and chloride.
Over-consumption of table salt causes many untold health problems.
Read about the dangers of table salt.
Sea Salt: Sea salt is a general term that refers to salt derived from the sea. And that is what it is, except that most brands are refined—similar to table salt.
There are many brands out there, so when purchasing ensure that the sea salt you’re buying is not purely white and powdery dry. Real sea salt are unprocessed, a little grayish in color, and a little moist.
Celtic Sea Salt: Refers to naturally moist salt harvested from the Atlantic seawater off the coast of Brittany, France. This type of salt are harvested using the Celtic method of wooden rakes allowing no metal to touch the salt.
It is naturally aired and sun-dried in clay ponds and gathered with wooden tools to preserve its living enzymes. Because it is unrefined, it contains all of the 84 beneficial live elements found in sea water, with no chemical and preservatives nor any other additives.
Himalayan Salt: This is one of the purest salt that is as old as the earth. It may cost a little more than all the other salts but really worth the price for its many health benefits.
Like the Celtic Sea Salt, the Himalayan Salt contains all of the beneficial live elements from the earth. They are rich in trace minerals, and by trace minerals, it means that our bodies need only small amounts of them. Using only a small amount of this precious salt daily is sufficient to provide what our body needs.
Avoid The Natural Salt Scam!
Many healthfood stores sell salt that are labeled “sea salt”, and more and more products are made with “sea salt”. These are just marketing scams that are deceiving the consumers, such as chocolates with sea salt!
How do you tell the real natural salt from the fakes? The real, natural sea salt should have an off-white, greyish color and is moist, NOT white and dry nor powdery. The light grey color comes from the clay found in salt flats, and they are NOT processed and bleached. To be sure, see the “BUY” links below for the true source of sea salt, the Celtic sea salt.
BUY PURE SALT:
Minerals And Trace Elements Found In Pure Salt
Among the live minerals and trace elements found in pure salt are iodine, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium and zinc. The 84 trace minerals provide the necessary nutrients and protect the body from the harshness of sodium chloride that we consume from commercial salt.
The appropriate magnesium content ensures that unused sodium is quickly and completely eliminated from the body through the kidneys to prevent harm.
Himalayan Salt And Sea Salt Health Benefits
Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt have tremendous healing virtues that have the exact opposite effects of refined salt. It helps to balance out and nourish our body with minerals that our body lacks. It is particularly helpful in helping with mucus elimination. Here are some conditions that pure salt is also good for:
- Sinus and bronchial congestion: I have seen many times how pure salt when taken before sleep has helped the sufferers sleep through the night as it breaks up the irritating mucus, providing much relief.
- Regulate blood pressure: We are right to say that salt causes high blood pressure but it is the toxic table salt that is the culprit. Pure salt has been shown to normalize blood pressure. It literally goes around your body and ‘scrounges’ for the harmful sodium deposits and eliminates it from your body. If you have high blood pressure, pure salt will bring it down. But if you have low blood pressure, pure salt will bring it up to normal. Only nature has been designed with the ability to do this.
- Deeper and more restful sleep: When pure salt is taken with warm water before bedtime, it promotes a deeper and longer sleep that is both restful and refreshing. Nor does it cause you to wake up and wanting to urinate.
- Water retention: We often hear that salt causes water retention. Again, this is only because the wrong salt is consumed—table/refined salt. Celtic sea salt (or Himalayan salt) does the opposite by helping our body properly balance out the electrolyte minerals and releasing the retained water.
- Kidney stones: Celtic sea salt (or Himalayan salt) has also been reported to actually dissolve kidney and gallbladder stones.
- Building the immune system and aids healing: Pure salt provides the rich minerals directly to our cells to enhance resistance to infections and bacterial diseases. It also helps our body heal quicker when there has been a surgery, sickness, burns, mental disorders, etc.
- Prevent over-acidity in body: The rich minerals effectively eliminates unwanted sodium from the body, extracting excess acidity in the body, especially in the brain. The electrolytes are vital to the nerves for communication and information processing of the brain cells.
- Helps control saliva: If you drool in your sleep, it could mean that your body is deprived of the right kind of salt, and that you are not drinking enough water. This condition may also lead to double chin as your saliva glands work doubly hard to lubricate your insides. Drink more water with pure salt of choice to stop this condition.
- Wound Healing: Bathing wounds in pure salt water does not sting, and it helps wounds to heal faster. Also helpful for gargling or drinking to ease sore throats.
- Diabetics: Helps balance out blood sugar in diabetics.
- Muscle cramps: Providing essential minerals to the muscles and preventing muscle cramps.
- Strong alkalinizer: Helps keep our body at the right pH. This is important as an over-acidic body creates many health problems and an endless list of degenerative diseases.
The most convincing fact that salt is critical to life
is that the amniotic fluid is salty !
And that salt is definitely not processed salt !
BUY PURE SALT:
How To Use Pure Salt
Now that you know that table salt is harmful, remove it from your kitchen shelf and replace it with Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt. Use pure salt for flavoring just as you would in place of table salt.
Generally, you would need only 2/3 of the amount you normally use. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 tsp of salt, then just use 2/3 tsp and it would give your cooking sufficient (and better) taste and flavor.
For therapeutic use, increase on your water intake. The minimum amount of water to drink daily is at least 2 liter of water a day (depending on your body size), more is better. But to be more accurate, check how much water you should drink a day. For every liter (quart) of water, stir in ¼ teaspoon of the pure salt and drink. No, drinking pure salt water does not make you thirsty, only dead table salt makes you thirsty. Celtic salt is live food, and is nourishing to your body.
Also try to put in a pinch of sea salt into your fresh juices and taste the difference.
Cancer patients who are on any healing program are advised not to take salt. If you have to, take natural sea salt sparingly. Your body requires only very little salt and you may already obtained sufficiently from your diet. Most foods contain small amounts of sodium that is sufficient for your body—for example from most vegetables, with higher amount in cucumber, celery, tomato, potato and other root vegetables. Adding more salt to your diet is only putting more, unnecessary strain to your body that is trying to heal.