Turmeric Lemonade That Treats Depression Better Than Prozac! How To Prepare?
Last updated on
Depression is a mood disorder characterized by low mood and a wide range of other possible symptoms, which will vary from person to person. Depression is common, and in its mildest form, most people can lead a healthy and active life with the right treatment and support. When it gets severe, depression can be devastating and even life-threatening, so don’t go through it alone.
Signs And Symptoms Of Depression
Some of the signs and symptoms of depression include:
- Sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of guilt
- Irritability, restlessness
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
The good thing is Nature is blessing us with great spices, such as turmeric, that can fight most types of diseases. It helps prevent the breakdown of cells into cancerous cells. It can be beneficial if you have Alzheimer’s. It fights skin cancer, prevents cholesterol oxidation, heals stomach disorders and pains, reduces acidity, arthritis, stops diarrhea, heals liver disorders, jaundice and more.
The Healing Powers Of Turmeric
- is loaded with antioxidants
- has powerful anti-inflammatory benefits
- has amazing benefits for your brain
- helps in lowering the chances of developing heart disease
- helps in fighting depression
How Does Turmeric Fight Depression?
- There are several methods and drugs to fight depression with one of the most common drug in the market being Prozac. The sad thing is that these drugs have been known to cause severe side effects most notably: difficulty in breathing, suicidal effects and bleeding in the stomach.
- Researches conducted on turmeric and its uses found that the ingredient curcumin present in it is effective against major depressive disorder in the same way as fluoxetine (Prozac). But it doesn’t cause any side effects that come with the medication.
Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups of cold filtered or sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated or powdered turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup, honey (or Stevia if you are avoiding sugar)
- Juice of 1 organic lemon or 2 limes
- Juice of 1 or 2 blood oranges or regular oranges.
- Combine all ingredients into a small pitcher, stir and serve with a slice of lemon as a garnish. Add ice cubes for a refreshing drink!
If you’re on any medication, please refrain from consuming turmeric in any form. Read more here.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.