Gluten-Free Coconut Fudge Brownies That Are Everything A Brownie Should Be
Last updated on
I am not alone when I say that I love brownies! I love their texture, the taste, the layers and most importantly the chocolate. Unfortunately, most brownies are pretty much sugar in square form.
That’s why I love these Coconut Fudge Brownies! Chocolate and coconut are a phenomenal superfood combination that boosts brain function and neurotransmitter activity. The pasture-raised eggs provide high quality protein, fat soluble antioxidants, CLA and omega-3 fatty acids!
Coconut Flour: The Better Choice
Instead of using refined flour, this recipes uses coconut flour. Coconut flour is an excellent low-carb prebiotic fiber that is a great base and provides our digestive system with good fuel to support a healthy microbiome.
In addition, it comes with the following health benefits:
- Coconut flour is gluten-free which is extremely beneficial for individuals with a gluten intolerance or celiac disease. Anyone with a gluten intolerance is at risk of gluten damaging the lining of their small intestines. This can block the intestine from absorbing nutrients in food.
- Coconut flour can reduce risk of heart disease because it lowers cholesterol levels. This is due to the high levels of dietary fiber found in coconut flour.
- Coconut flour is packed with proteins (38% of recommended daily intake) which is much higher than any other type of flour.
Gluten-Free Coconut Fudge Brownies
This recipe is from Megan Kelly, who has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Prep time: 15- 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 6 tbsps of coconut flour
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- ½ cup of grass-fed butter*
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 25 drops of chocolate stevia
- 1 pinch of pink salt
- ½ cup of organic Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
* Grass-fed butter is rich in butyrate which helps to heal the intestinal lining and the combination of ingredients has a great ketogenic effect on the body which reduces inflammation and improves fat burning.
- ½ cup of organic maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300oF and grease a glass baking dish (8×8 or 9×9).
- Mix together all ingredients. You can do this by hand or with an electric mixer or high-powered blender.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting or removing from the pan.
- These store well at room temperature or in the fridge for a few days. Make sure you keep them in an airtight container.
This article is shared with permission from our friends at drjockers.com.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.