Pears may not be a popular choice for juicing, but consider adding it to your cart the next time you go marketing (if they’re available where you are).
One pear provides a quarter of your daily fiber requirement. Like apple, it contains high amount of pectin (a water-soluble fiber) that helps to effectively lower cholesterol.
Health Benefits (best obtained by drinking its juice):
- Helps prevent high blood pressure and stroke
- Helps move bowels
- Provides quick and natural energy
- An immune booster
- Improves bone strength and density
- In the event of fever, drink a glass of pure pear juice to bring down fever
Whenever possible, choose the Chinese/Asian pear variety as they have the highest medicinal properties.
- 3 pears (not too ripe)
- A squeeze of lemon if desired