During winter, instead of drinking coffee, make a glass of hot lemon-ginger tea that has super immune-boosting ability and keeps you warm for the day.
This tea is totally soothing to the throat, prevents cough and cold, helps with digestion and reduce fatigue. Best to nip it in the bud, by making and drinking this tea once you feel a cold coming. Cold will be gone even after your first cup of this powerful tea.
If cold is already full-blown, sip this tea warm throughout the day until you recover. Drink up to 3-4 cups of it within 24 hours, but don’t go overboard with the ginger. Just use as per the recipe. It helps shorten your down-time. Works all the time!
- Juice from 1 small organic lemon (with peel)
- Juice from a thumb-size ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- Mix all in 300ml (about 10oz) of warm water and enjoy!
Read about the full health benefits of ginger. Adds the extra “oomph” in your tea and gives a nice body-warming effect. So good !!!