5 Healthy Summer Popsicles Your Family Will Love
Last updated on
It is that time of year—when snacks still need to be healthy and full of sweet summer fruits instead of artificial sweeteners.
Store-bought frozen snacks are usually just sugar water, or something with “real fruit added” at the end of a long list of ingredients.
Here are Juicing For Health’s favorite homemade popsicle recipes that will cool you down and treat your tastebuds this summer. Full of fresh fruits, these pops will deliver antioxidants, vitamin C, and other healthy benefits on a stick.
So get ready for healthy summer treats that your family will love!
1. Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Popsicles
Makes approximately 10 popsicles
- 3 ½ cups of organic vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen defrosted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Stir honey and strawberries in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine in a blender with 2 cups yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds with 1½ cups yogurt and layer strawberry mixture on top. Freeze for up to 24 hours, or until frozen through.
2. Strawberry Kiwifruit Popsicles
Makes 10-12 popsicles
- 5 medium kiwifruits (peeled)
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 cup freshly squeeze orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- Slice 2 of the kiwifruit – save 10-12 slices. Wash and add the remaining kiwifruit, strawberries, and juices to your blender and puree until smooth.
- Slide a slice of kiwifruit into your popsicle mold and fill the mold with the strawberry mixture and add a popsicle stick. Freeze for up to 24 hours or until frozen through.
3. Pineapple Kiwifruit Popsicles
Makes approximately 10 popsicles
- ½ pineapple, cored and chopped
- 6 ripe kiwifruits, peeled
- Juice the pineapple and set aside
- Lightly blend the kiwifruits and set aside
- Pour pineapple juice to fill up about one-third or half of each mold, put them into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Put away the rest of the pineapple juice and kiwifruit blend into the fridge while waiting out the first bit of the pineapple juice to freeze.
- After 20 minutes, take out the molds and add kiwifruit blend. Freeze for 12-24 hours.
- When they’re ready you’ll be able to taste the tropics and beat the heat this summer!
4. Berries Yogurt Lemonade Popsicles
Makes 10 popsicles
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries, blueberries and any berries you desire, cleaned
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon juiced)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, warmed
- Juice ¾ of the berries, and leave some whole berries to be put into the mold.
- Combine lemon juice and raw honey in a medium bowl add yogurt, stirring until well combined.
- Pour juiced berries into molds and slowly pour lemonade-yogurt mixture to follow.
- Freeze for 12-24 hours, until frozen through. Enjoy!
5. Strawberry Banana Popsicles
Makes 12 popsicles
- 2 pounds ripe strawberries, washed and hulled
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, raw honey and vanilla extract in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon mashed banana into the mold loosely.
- Using half of the strawberry mixture, fill popsicle molds and set aside.
- Freeze for 12-24 hours. Enjoy!
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.