Make Your Own Healthy Coconut Butter For Hundreds Of Uses!
Last updated on
Every day, there are new discoveries on the vast healthy foods available from Nature that are rich in nutrients and beneficial for our health. If you’ve been following health news on the internet, you’ll know that coconut oil is amazing. Maybe you’ve been using coconut oil for years and love it!
Now, coconut butter is supposed to be even better than coconut oil because it is made using the entire coconut meat, all blended into a smooth consistency and left to solidify. Whereas, coconut oil was just an extract from the coconut meat.
Imagine, if coconut oil is already amazing, then you would want something even more amazing than that—coconut butter! Here are simple steps on how you can make your own coconut butter:
How To Make Your Own Coconut Butter
There really isn’t a recipe for making coconut butter because there is only ONE ingredient: Coconut!
- If you can, get a whole coconut. The browned coconut that you often see sold in ethnic grocery stores, are really “old coconut”. This is the type you want as the coconut water is dried up and the meat has hardened and thickened. This is the same old coconut meat that you use to make coconut milk.
- If you cannot find this whole coconut, then unsweetened dried coconut shreds or flakes will do. Get them as fresh as possible. Do not use sweetened, roasted, reduced fat or desiccated coconut.
- If you have a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix), it would be the ideal appliance to make coconut butter. If you are using a food processor, it can do the job too, except that it may take a little longer and the result may not be as smooth as what you get out of a Vitamix.
- Measure 6 cups of the coconut flakes that you have and pour into your Vitamix/blender or food processor. Due to its dry nature, it is easier to make more than to make less. 6 cups is about the right amount to get it blending well, for producing a smooth butter consistency.
- Turn on your Vitamix and run it on High for about 4-6 minutes till it reaches your desired smooth consistency. If using a food processor, you may need to run and stop it a few times to scrape down the sides. Keep doing that till you finally get the coconut meat down to a thick, smooth, butter-like consistency.
- By now, you will smell the delicious aroma of your homemade, natural, healthy coconut butter. Pour your finished coconut butter that is still liquid, into a jar and let it cool to solidify. If you’re living in a hot climate place, then you may need to refrigerate the coconut butter for it to solidify.
Enjoy your fragrant and highly beneficial coconut butter in so many ways. Eat it just as it is, spread it on your toast, add it to your coffee and smoothies, use it for cooking, flavor it with cinnamon or any way you fancy. You’re only limited by your imagination, and it can be addicting! 🙂
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.