The Best Immunity-Boosting Foods To Prevent And Treat Kidney Infections
Last updated on
This list of best foods to treat kidney infections naturally can help you avoid painful kidney problems. Once you are suffering with a kidney infection it is almost impossible to beat without antibiotics. Your urinary tract health can be influenced by the foods that you are eating.
While kidney infections are not uncommon and they certainly are not as severe as other potential health concerns they can be recurring and over time cause severe damage to your kidneys.
A healthy urinary tract system that is amped up by the 6 best diets to prevent kidney infection is the best way to avoid the infection in the first place.
Causes Of Kidney Infections
There are several causes of a kidney infection. A kidney infection occurs when your kidney is not strong enough to fight off bacterial invaders. It can start in your lower urinary tract and work its way up to your kidney.
Diet is one of the best ways to beef up the immunity that your kidney has, to invasive bacteria.
Kidney Healthy Foods
These are some of the best kidney healthy foods that you should be incorporating into your diet to avoid kidney infection. If you have an infection or are trying to avoid an infection, the foods listed below can help you achieve your goals.
- Citrus fruits that are rich in Vitamin C will help to boost your natural immunity to bacterial infection and can help to keep your kidney healthy.
- Cranberries are well known for helping to keep down kidney infections because they are able to strip off the bacteria from the kidney walls to be flushed out. They make a great kidney detox juice.
- Broccoli, cucumbers and other green veggies are good for your kidneys. Asparagus also helps to improve kidney function and reduce the incidence of kidney infection.
- Fish that is high in Omega 3 fatty acids like salmon can help reduce the amount of time that you have a kidney infection because it is loaded up with anti-inflammatories.
- Nuts, seeds and legumes are also a great source of protein that can help to fight off kidney infections.
- Watermelon rind juice is one of the best things for treating kidney problems and urinary tract infections. Read more here.
In addition to the 6 best foods to prevent kidney infection, you want to make sure that you are drinking enough water. You should be consuming at least 2 liters/quarts of water every day. Find out here how much water you need exactly.
For the ladies, wipe from front to back every time you use the washroom. Good hygiene will help to keep the infections down to a minimum as well.
Enough exercise and rest is also important for all around health and to keep your immune system healthy. Finally, if you suspect that you are experiencing a kidney infection and you are running a fever, seek medical care.
Sometimes kidney stones can be confused as a kidney infection and it could get out of control quickly. Be sure that you seek medical advice if you are running a fever or experiencing a great deal of pain.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.