6 Common Habits that Can Cause Kidney Stones (and how to stop them)
Last updated on
Drinking alcohol and soft drinks regularly can compromise kidneys functions, and impair their ability to regulate the volume and composition of fluid and electrolytes in the body. It leads to low blood concentrations of key electrolytes as well as potentially tip the body’s pH balance to become more acidic.
Other habits that may damage your kidneys:
- Not emptying your bladder when there is a need/urge
- Not drinking enough water
- Eating a high-protein diet
- Eating too much processed/refined foods
- Prolonged use of medication
- Not resting sufficiently
Protect your kidneys and bladder with citrus fruits, asparagus and cilantro, which are all helpful for preventing kidney diseases and stone formation. Though, this is not a licence for drinking alcohol/soft drinks!
- 2 oranges
- 2 green apples
- 8-10 stalks of asparagus
- A cup of cilantro
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- ½-inch ginger piece
Health benefits of this combo:
- Blood alkalizing
- Helps prevent formation of kidney stones
- Helps prevent bladder infections
- Helps relieve premenstrual bloating or swelling
- High content of anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Supplies electrolytes and restores hydration to cells
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.