Easy, Natural and Effective Back Pain Cream You Can Make At Home
Last updated on
Almost everyone in the world will experience some type of back pain during their life time. There are many causes of back pain including arthritis, pinched nerves, overworked muscles, slipped discs, and more.
When it comes to relieving back pain, most people will turn to their medicine cabinet and pop some type of pain relieving pill such as aspirin or ibuprofen. There are also numerous over the counter creams that many people choose to use to help get some relief.
For those who are looking for a natural alternative to these remedies, here is good news. This homemade cream for back pain can be used to help relieve your sore back. It can also be used to be applied topically on painful joints, pain in the bones, muscles ache and cramps, and pain that is associated with arthritis.
What You Need
- A tablespoon of mustard seeds oil: Mustard seeds oil may help to improve blood flow to the affected area and provide some pain relief. Mustard seeds are a good source of selenium, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which have medicinal properties that may help to improve arthritis symptoms.
- A tablespoon of finely-ground epsom salt: Epsom salt is rich in magnesium and sulfate, both of which can easily be absorbed through the skin for easing muscle pains and cramps, relieving stress, reducing blood clots, improving nerve function and blood circulation. In cases of back pains caused by magnesium deficiency, absorption of magnesium through the skin may help relieve the pain somewhat.
- A tablespoon of honey: Raw honey is known for its antibacterial properties but recent studies have shown that it has many more benefits and uses. Applying warmed honey to the skin will help almost immediate absorption of its pain-relieving properties, to be used on the affected area.
- A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus that are very essential in relieving joint pains. Deficiency in these minerals worsen joint pains. The antioxidants, beta-carotene and acetic acid in ACV produce powerful effects for relieving pains. Including ACV in your drinking water and drinking it regularly with honey may help to gradually eliminate arthritis pains as well.
- A tablespoon of baking soda: In its natural form, baking soda is known as nahcolite, which is part of the natural mineral natron that contains large amounts of sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda has many unknown medicinal properties and one of them is its efficacy in reducing pains and inflammation.
How to Make the Cream
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl, except the baking soda, and place the bowl in a small pot filled with some water.
- Warm up the water with low fire/heat to warm up the ingredients in the bowl. You want it just slightly warm, not hot.
- Once warmed up, remove the bowl from the pot.
- Add the baking soda. There may be some bubbling that occurs, but keep stirring the mixture until the bubbling goes away. It will typically take around five minutes of stirring to get the cream to just the right smooth texture.
This recipe should provide you with enough cream for 3 days.
Using the Cream
Before you apply the cream you will want to warm it slightly. Once the cream is warm apply it directly to the area of your back or joint that is sore. Once you have put the cream on the area, cover the area with plastic wrap. Place a warm towel over the area and leave the cream and plastic on the sore body part for at least three hours. It is typically best to apply the cream before bed time and then sleep on it. When you wake up in the morning remove the towel and the plastic wrap and then wash the cream off using warm water and soap.
The treatment should be repeated for two or three days in a row in order to get the best results. The cream can be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
This is the perfect cream to use if you want to get away from taking pills for relief of your back pain. Since the cream is applied directly to the area that is in pain it is extremely effective. After using the cream for three days you should feel much better.
If the pain is intense and lasts longer than a few days you may need to see a doctor to determine what is wrong.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.