Completely Meatless Jalapeno Burger Patties That Promote Weight Loss
Last updated on
One of the hardest aspects of sticking to a vegan diet is finding a variety of recipes to create a diverse, balanced meal plan. It is easy to fall into a routine of preparing the same meals over and over again.
If you are looking for a little more variety, then add this raw vegan “hamburger” recipe to your collection of vegan meal ideas.
Creating these meatless jalapeno burger patties will require some planning. You need to soak a couple of the ingredients and you may want to use a dehydrator for a more satisfying taste. Other than the time needed for soaking and possibly dehydrating, this recipe is actually easy to prepare.
With a selection of raw ingredients, these meatless jalapeno burger patties are healthy, filling, and full of nutrition. You can enjoy a taste that is similar to a burger, without adding meat to your diet.
This raw vegan hamburger recipe is quick and easy to prepare, other than the time needed for soaking or dehydrating. To get started, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ an onion
- 1 teaspoon hamburger seasoning
- Himalayan salt to desired taste
- 1 teaspoon Nama Shoyu
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Chop the jalapeno pepper and the half an onion—set aside. Soak the walnuts for four hours. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in pure drinking water, until they are soft.
- Pour the sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts into a food processor. After placing the sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor, measure out an eighth of a cup of water from the water that the tomatoes were soaking in.
- Blend the ingredients until you have a thick mixture. Place the mixture in a medium mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredient and begin mixing. Shape the mixture into six different patties.
- If you find that the patties are too soft, dehydrate them in a food dehydrator for a couple of hours. For those without a food dehydrator, dehydrate in your oven, setting the temperature to 115 degrees and leaving the patties in the oven for an hour.
Variations For The Meatless Jalapeno Burger Patties
The directions provided will create six small patties that can be used as sliders. For larger patties, double the recipe and form the mixture into six large patties. If you want to try other variations, you could replace the onion with green onion. If the jalapeno pepper is too strong, use half a pepper.
The patties taste great when eaten individually, but you could also serve with freshly steamed veggies. Another option is to wrap the patties in kale leaves, for a little more texture. If you are using small patties, wrap half a kale leave around each of the patties and serve.
These meatless jalapeno burger patties provide a healthy way to enjoy a burger, without actually using any processed meat. Whether you are following a vegan diet for health reasons, to lose weight, or for philosophical reasons, try this raw vegan hamburger recipe—you will not be disappointed.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.