You may have heard of the many health benefits of drinking warm lemon water. I take it a step further and add more healthful ingredients into my warm lemon water. I call this my super immune booster, and drink it every morning. Especially useful when doing a cleanse.
This drink has immense health benefits:
- Boosts immune system
- Eliminates bacterial and fungal infection
- Improves digestion
- Regulates bowel movements
- Reduces body acidity
- Purifies blood
- Soothes sore throat
- Halts the progress of a cold
- Naturally lowers blood pressure
- Lowers high cholesterol
- Helps improve liver function
- Helps with weight loss
- Reduces wrinkles and skin blemishes
- Reduces the recurrence of gastritis and heartburn
- Strengthens respiratory system
How To Make:
Cut 4 or 5 lemons and juice. Use organic lemons if possible. For every lemon, also add about an inch-cube ginger and 2-3 bulbs of lemongrass (optional but highly recommended).
Store the juice in a small mason jar with a lid. This is suitable for the family to be consumed every day to boost the immunity system. This concoction is so high in antioxidant that it is a preservative by itself and can be stored for up to five days in the fridge.
To make a glass of this lemon-ginger-honey-tea:
- 300 ml of very warm water (not boiling)
- 5 tablespoons of the above concoction
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or manuka honey (or to desired taste)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (optional)
When you feel a cold coming, nip it in the bud. Drink this concoction for 1-2 days and the cold will not have a chance to become full-blown.
If you already have a full-blown cold, make this drink 2-3 times throughout the day and sip it warm. Drink every day until you get well. It helps speed up recovery and shorten your suffering.
When doing a cleanse, it is helpful to drink this 2-3 a day. It is very cleansing and helps reduce healing reactions.