Greek Style Quinoa Salad
Last updated on
When easing into a juice fast, begin to eliminate processed foods from your diet, and eat wholesome foods. It is easy to prepare colourful salads that are nutritious and delicious. Quinoa is easy to prepare, very versatile and rich in protein.
This salad is also suitable if you are doing a juice feast, where you are drinking juices and eating clean wholesome foods.
Recipe for my favorite Greek-style quinoa salad
- 2 cups of precooked quinoa
To cook quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear, to remove the bitter saponin.
- For every cup of quinoa, use 2 cups of water.
- Bring quinoa and liquid to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. It should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool.
Cut these into small pieces:
- ¼ red sweet pepper/capsicum
- ¼ cucumber
- ¼ onion
- 4-5 kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon of feta cheese
- A few sprigs of cilantro leaves
- Drizzle of virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Drizzle of warm melted honey
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of pepper
Mix all the above in a salad bowl and serve.
You can make extra portions and keep in the fridge to be eaten within two-three days.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.