2-Ingredient Homemade Syrup To Stop Cough And Phlegm
Last updated on
Carrots are an incredibly nutritious root vegetable and are a great source of nutrients such as precursor vitamin A, B6 and beta-carotene. The high content of carotenoids found in carrots has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer.
Aside from improving your vision and fighting against cancer, the amount of vitamin A in carrots has been shown to help strengthen the immune system. It is also highly beneficial for strengthening the respiratory problems, alleviating asthma and other lung issues.
All of these properties make carrots a great ingredient in any natural, cough-curing remedies. The fact that they are a natural respiratory-aid and have also been shown to strengthen the immune system, makes them perfect for fighting a cold or any other sickness that affects the respiratory tract.
Raw, organic honey has anti-bacterial properties and is an effective cough-remedy. It has been proven to help reduce coughing in individuals who suffer from respiratory illnesses.
Here is a quick, simple and all-natural remedy that will help you stay healthy round the year.
Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe:
- 1 lb of organic carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons of raw honey
- Dice the carrots into small pieces and place them in a stainless steel pot.
- Fill the pot with water with enough water to submerge the carrots, bring water to boil and then simmer until carrots are softened.
- Turn off heat and leave to cool.
- Pour the cooked carrots with whatever water that’s left, into a blender.
- Add raw honey and blend till smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for no more than 3 days.
- Consume at room temperature.
This mixture can be consumed on a regular basis. Take 3-4 spoons of it per day, and if you were suffering from any respiratory problems you should start to feel a difference after the first or second day.
Carrots and asthma: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1974844/
Honey and coughing: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4399406/
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.