Basic detox steps that you should know
before you embark on any detox program.
What is Detox?
The word “de.tox” is short for the word “de.tox.i.fi.ca.tion“.
The term means “to eliminate poisonous or toxic substances from the body; or to neutralize the toxic effects, in order to allow healing to take place.”
Our bodies detoxify naturally every day. However for some people, the detoxification process is slower due to a bigger and wider exposure to toxins, causing the system to be overloaded, faster than it can eliminate. Therefore, the detox mechanisms become sluggish resulting in chemical imbalance that throws our immune system off-balance and become haywire.
In this Section, I cover the basics of detoxification. Detoxification is a very wide topic and a little “complex”. So why is this BIG topic of detoxification discussed on a site about JUICING? Because, I believe detoxification AND juicing go hand-in-hand and when done properly will superboost your healing.
Read through before you embark on any detoxification. For a full body detoxification, you need to understand what it’s all about, how to do it and WHY.
- Who needs to detoxify and why detox?
- Detoxification sequence — Important
- Health robbers: Harmful Foods and Types of Toxins
- Your body’s susceptibility to toxins
- Toxin overload checklist
- What are chronic diseases?
- Why juicing and detoxification go hand-in-hand
- Foods to avoid when on a detox program
- Detox protocols
- Free detox diet made easy
- Gastrointestinal tract (anatomy)
- Gastrointestinal health
- Intestinal flora health
- Poor eating habits
- What is a healthy bowel movement?
- Who needs a gastrointestinal cleanse?
- Who shouldn’t do a gastrointestinal cleanse?
- Gastrointestinal detox
- Juicing for gastrointestinal cleanse
- Colon irrigation (hydrotherapy) versus gastrointestinal cleanse
- Colon detox
- Choosing a colon cleanse recipe
- What to expect during a colon cleanse
- Liver functions and anatomy
- Symptoms of an impaired liver
- Foods for liver health Part 1 / Part 2
- Liver support foods
- Liver and gallstones
- Liver and gallstones flush
- Liver detox / liver flush / liver cleanse
- Coffee enema for liver detox
- Kidneys functions and anatomy
- Symptoms of kidneys diseases
- Kidney stones
- Kidney detox
- Lungs functions and anatomy
- Symptoms of lungs diseases
- Lungs detox
Lymphatic System Health
- Lymphatic system, its functions and anatomy
- Symptoms of lymphatic system diseases
- Lymphatic system detox
- Type of exercise for lymphatic system detox