Refreshing Summer Pineapple-Cilantro Juice Recipe With Health Benefits
Last updated on
One of my favorite things about summer is all those bright and fresh fruits and vegetables that come with the season! Come summer, I crave tasty, light, fresh juices that are rich with nutrients from fruits, vegetables, and herbs. There are hundreds of yummy combinations you can try with your juicer. This particular combo combines the unique taste of cilantro (a.k.a. coriander leaves), the rich minerals of cucumber, and the fragrant sweetness of pineapple.
Health Benefits Of This Juice Combo
Each of these ingredients are picked as their tastes compliment each other really well. When combined, they work synergistically to benefit your body in so many ways:
- Promotes digestive health
- Reduces oxidation of cholesterol and improves cardiovascular health
- Lowers blood pressure
- Supports healthy digestion
- Minimizes anxiety and promotes restful sleep
- Helps the body detoxify from heavy metals
- Improves skin condition
- Improves vision health
- Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress
- Reduces water retention
- Boosts immune system
- Improves sleep quality
- And many more!
This juice recipe is very light and refreshing, so it’s a good way to wind down from the day. Drinking this juice two hours after a huge festive meal may help to increase and improve digestion. There are no hard and fast rules to the ingredients. Tweak the amounts to suit your tastes.
Whenever possible, use organic local produce when juicing. This maximizes the health benefits while minimizing the pesticides that you are exposed to.
- ¼ of a fresh pineapple, remove skin but with core intact
- 1 cucumber
- 15 to 20 stems of cilantro, depending on your taste
- 1-inch fresh ginger root
- Juice from 1 lime
- A pinch of seasalt to enhance taste and for better retention of nutrients (optional)
Now that you have your ingredients recipe, follow these steps to enjoy a glass of pineapple cilantro juice.
- Add all of the ingredients but the lime juice to your juicer or blender.
- Juice or blend. If you are using a blender, pulse until smooth.
- When the other ingredients are mixed, add the lime juice.
- Add ice or enjoy as is.
Juicing is just one part of a holistic, healthy lifestyle. With recipes like this one, you can hit your nutritional goals while avoiding artificial sugar and chemical-laden drinks.
Caution: Not suitable for diabetics.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.