Immune System Boosting Juice to Fight Allergies and Protect Your Lungs
Last updated on
If you’re prone to “spring allergies”, build up your immune system before spring comes around.
Drink juices that are HIGH in vitamin C, a very important antioxidant to strengthen your immune system, and keep your lungs clear of pollen and other infections.
This juice is also helpful for people living in polluted cities and who are constantly exposed to air pollution.
Suggested Juice Recipe (makes one portion):
- 3 or 4 oranges
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ginger root juice
Other helpful suggestions for protecting your respiratory system:
- Stay hydrated. Very, very important. Drink more than your usual amount of water.
- EAT lots of fruits – citrus fruits, cantaloupe, guava, watermelon, mangoes, papaya, persimmons, pomegranate, tomatoes, etc.
- Drink one or two glasses of fresh juices daily. Choose fruits that are red-yellow-orange in color as they’re highest in vitamin C and antioxidants. GREEN juices are helpful too.
- If you don’t drink juices, supplement with high-quality vitamin C that contains bioflavonoids. You can get this from GNC. At least 1000mg for adult and half dosage for children
- Taking one or two courses of probiotics besides drinking juices, is important to improve and strengthen your respiratory system.
Read more about the health benefits of oranges here.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.
Leave a Reply
When using citrus slices in beverages, if your citrus is grown by USDA conventional standards (i.e., not organically grown) the majority of pesticides can be avoided by removing the peel and placing the fruit itself in the beverage rather than on the rim of the glass. You’ll also get a great deal more of the benefit than if you only gently squeezed the juice into the glass.
Immune booster: ginger, tumeric powder
how do you get ginger juice???