Contributed by Joseph White
Turn carrot and celery pulp into a delicious soup.
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 12 Carrots
- One 16 ounce can tomato puree with Italian seasonings
- 6 ribs of celery
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 basil leaf
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 quart/liter of water
- 2 bullion cubes (optional)
- 3 croutons to garnish (optional)
- In 3-quart (liter) saucepan, boil water and bullion until dissolved
- Reduce heat to simmer
- Add in celery and carrot pulp, parsley, garlic, tomato puree
- Stirring frequently, simmer for 30 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste during simmer.
Serve hot and enjoy!