How To Make Lemongrass-Ginger Tea To Rid Yeast Infection And To Heal Digestive System
Last updated on
Make this healthful tea a regular drink alongside your fresh juices, for a super-boost to your immune system.
Why Drink Lemongrass-Ginger Tea
Lemongrass-ginger tea is an excellent home remedy for many health problems. Regularly drinking it helps your overall well-being. For therapeutic use, it is recommended to drink 500 ml to a liter of this tea (approximately 17-34 oz) daily.
- are juice fasting/feasting
- are undergoing a detox program
- want to lose weight
- want to improve your immune system
- have a highly acidic blood
- have a health problem that is a result of imbalanced intestinal flora
- have yeast, bladder or urinary tract infection
Lemongrass-Ginger Tea Recipe
For illustration purpose, I’m using a one-glass portion measurement.
For a 500 ml (~17 oz) glass of tea, you will need:
- 600 ml (~20 oz) pure drinking water. A small amount of water will evaporate during boiling.
- 3 big lemongrass bulbs – you want the white base part where concentration of nutrients is highest.
- 1 torch ginger bud (optional – can omit if unavailable. If omit, replace with 1-2 additional lemongrass bulbs).
- 2 inches ginger root (less, if you want less pungent).
Note: old ginger is more pungent than the young one.
To make bigger volume of tea, multiply the above portions accordingly.
- In a non-aluminium pot, boil 600 ml (~20oz) of water.
- Slice finely, or cut/pound the above ingredients to release the phytonutrients, fragrance and oils.
- Throw the cut ingredients into the boiling water, turn fire down to simmer for 5-7 minutes
- When done, turn off the fire and cover the pot with lid. Let the tea steep for about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain. Add 1 tablespoon raw honey or stevia for taste if desired. Drink warm.
It is recommended that you make this tea fresh daily, and drink it warm, before meals.
Tip for busy people: You can prepare this tea in the night and leave it in the pot to cool. In the morning, just lightly reboil it and pour into a thermal flask to take with you to work. You can sip it throughout the day but do not keep for more than 24 hours.
Note that when drinking this tea, the diuretic effect will make you want to urinate more. The tea is doing its work of carrying out toxins to be eliminated. Do drink lots of water also to continue with the elimination.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.