Fruit Pulp Bread
Last updated on
Contributed by Sondra Riviello
Citrus-kiwi-apple bread made using juicer pulp!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 ½ cups pulp-I used kiwi, orange, apple, lemon, grapefruit – careful to remove any seeds.
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Sift together: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream butter and sugar together until creamy
- Beat in eggs and milk until light and fluffy
- Combine orange juice, pulp, raisins and nuts; add to sugar and egg mixture
- Add flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened
- Pour evenly into 2 greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes or until bread tests done.
Makes 2 loaves.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.