5 Things to Avoid for a Healthy Kidney and A Juice Recipe to Repair It
Last updated on
Eating a diet that is high in refined/table salt may cause kidney and gallbladder stones, but the minerals from this juice is very healing and cleansing to the kidneys. The organic sodium from celery is able to reverse the damages done by sodium chloride (refined/table salt) and nourish the cells with the right minerals.
This juice combo is diuretic, causing frequent urination that cleanses the kidneys, preventing formation of kidney stones. Some lifestyle modifications will also help, especially if you have a history of kidney problems:
- Drink plenty of water, about 3L a day, or more accurately, drink according to your body size. Read more here.
- Don’t hold the urge to urinate for too long and too frequently.
- Avoid/reduce eating foods that are high in sugar, salt and fats.
- Avoid eating soy foods/products, especially if they are non-fermented. They are high in oxalates that bind with calcium and cause stones to be formed in the kidneys.
- Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables that are rich in various other minerals especially magnesium.
* Diabetics may substitute the 2 pears with 1 green apple.
Some of the links I post on this site are affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). However, note that I’m recommending these products because of their quality and that I have good experience using them, not because of the commission to be made.