Varicose veins is a sign of poor blood circulation that causes blood congestion that may lead to some of the “valves” in the vein to fail. When these valves fail, blood flow may pool and collect in the veins, causing what looks like varicose veins.
Some of the main causes of varicose veins:
- Being overweight
- Prolonged sitting or standing that restricts circulation
- Chronic constipation
- Liver and gallbladder stones
To relieve and prevent varicose veins:
- Lose weight by eating low-fat foods, adding more fruits and vegetables into your diet
- Drink green juices that are alkalizing and improve blood circulation
- Drink LOTS of water daily
Foods That Help:
All green vegetables, cherries, blueberries, blackcurrants, blackberries, cranberries, kiwifruits, citrus fruits, bell peppers, pineapple, beetroot, whole grains.
- ½ medium-sized beetroot
- ½ small pineapple
- 2 ribs celery
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ¼ lemon
- ½-inch ginger root
Read more about the health benefits of beetroot.