Every one of us will experience a stomach upset of some kind, at one point or another. It would be handy to have a natural remedy close at hand when we encounter nausea, vomiting, or just a slight stomach discomfort from eating the wrong food.
Have you ever considered drinking freshly-extracted juices to ease the discomfort, instead of popping another pill? Definitely AVOID taking these pills that will only help ease the discomfort temporarily, but cause long-term side effects: Antacids, anti-diarrheal, laxatives, stimulants, etc.
Making your own juices with the right, fresh ingredients get to the root of the problem and reduce future attacks. Some of the beneficial ingredients that you could use include:
- Ginger and turmeric are known to help with indigestion, nausea, bloating and vomiting. They are also beneficial for relieving heartburn. If you believe that your tummy troubles are related to gas in the digestive tract, ginger or turmeric may help remove the gas that could be trapped in your intestinal tract. Go here to make your own ginger-turmeric tea.
- Cabbage is a beneficial food for treating ulcers. The juice in cabbage contains an antioxidant called sulforaphane. This antioxidant attacks a bacterium that is known as one of the root causes of peptic ulcers, which are a common source of tummy troubles. It can also help protect the lining of your gastrointestinal tract and provide relief from acid reflux.
- Carrot is delicious yet mild and gentle on the stomach. When stomach is sore from various digestive disorders, drinking pure carrot juice helps to calm and heal the stomach.
- Jicama is one of the few root vegetables that have medicinal properties that are healing for the digestive system. Drinking jicama juice on its own, or mixing with carrot juice, helps ease most digestive discomforts.
- Fennel is a miracle herb, capable of helping you deal with a range of health problems. It can help your body maintain its balance of electrolytes, which may correct mild stomach discomfort. It is also a great source of fiber that helps improve digestion.
- Beetroot has medicinal properties that are beneficial for moving bowels in cases of constipation, and helpful for healing stomach ulcers. Mix beetroot juice with carrot juice for a delicious drink that settles many stomach discomforts.
- Banana and papaya can be eaten on its own (not juiced). This is helpful when you’re feeling weak from repeated diarrhea and not feel up to juicing. Peel a banana or cut up a papaya and just eat.
Now that you know which ingredients to look for, here are 5 juice recipes that utilize these foods for a refreshing, stomach soothing juice.
1. Beet Tummy Trouble
This juice recipe helps flush toxins from your digestive system and calms the stomach. To prepare this juice to “beet” tummy trouble, put all the following ingredients through your juicer:
- 2 beetroots
- 5 carrots
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1-inch of fresh ginger root
2. Fennel In The Sun
Fennel is one of the ingredients that could help deal with your stomach pains. Here’s a delicious juice combo that may be helpful to ease that discomfort. Put all the ingredients through your juicer:
- 1 jicama
- 6 ribs of celery
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 lemon
- 1-inch of fresh ginger root
3. Cabbage Delight
This juice recipe is excellent to soothe digestive troubles caused by stomach ulcers. Drink this juice daily for two weeks and see a big improvement to your digestive troubles. Also suitable if you have acid reflux or heartburn. Get the recipe here.
No one enjoys having to put up with an upset stomach. If you experienced bloating, acid reflux, nausea, vomiting, or mild stomach discomfort, any of these juice recipes may be helpful. Always use organic produce for best results. If the problem persists, seek help from your professional health provider.