You may have heard of the many health benefits of drinking warm lemon water. I take it a step further and add more healthful ingredients into my warm lemon water. I call this my super immune booster, and drink it every morning. Especially useful when doing a cleanse.
This drink has immense health benefits:
- Boosts immune system
- Eliminates bacterial and fungal infection
- Improves digestion
- Regulates bowel movements
- Reduces body acidity
- Purifies blood
- Soothes sore throat
- Halts the progress of a cold
- Naturally lowers blood pressure
- Lowers high cholesterol
- Helps improve liver function
- Helps with weight loss
- Reduces wrinkles and skin blemishes
- Reduces the recurrence of gastritis and heartburn
- Strengthens respiratory system
How to make:
Cut 4 or 5 lemons and juice. Use organic lemons if possible. For every lemon, also juice about an inch-cube ginger and 2-3 bulbs of lemongrass (highly recommended).
Store the juice in a small mason jar to be used throughout your cleanse. This concoction is so high in antioxidant that it is a preservative by itself and can be stored for up to five days in the fridge.
To make a glass of this lemon drink (this is my husband’s formula which he makes for me every morning):
- 400 ml of very warm water (not boiling)
- 3 tablespoons of the above concoction
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey (or to desired taste)
- 1 tablespoon of love
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
Sip this drink anytime of the day. When doing a cleanse, it is helpful to drink this at least once a day. It is very cleansing and helps reduce healing reactions.