When done properly, an extended juice fast/feast
or regular short juice fasts, can derive tremendous
health benefits and possibly reverse many health issues.
Differences Between a JUICE Fast and a WATER Fast
First of all, it is important to understand the difference between a juice fast and a water fast. In the absence of solid foods, the body cells will start to go around the body and feed on other dead cells, damaged tissues, and fatty deposits. These will be burned as fuel for energy when it has no access to food intake.
What happens during a JUICE fast/feast
On extended juice fasts, or juice feasts—where there is a much higher intake of juices than solid foods¾cleansing takes place even into those hard-to-reach places. After feeding on the dead tissues and fats, the cells would have run out of them, and start feeding instead on abscesses, and even tumors. The body undergoes a tearing down of damaged materials and when fed with nutrition (from fresh juices), rebuilding and healing takes place.
Most healing starts to take place only after about 21 days of fasting. This prolonged period allows the body uninterrupted time to do the meticulous work of healing. During this spring-cleaning, you can expect these wastes/toxins being removed and being eliminated from your body (you will notice them coming out in slimy mucus form).
Wastes/toxins being eliminated:
- Trans-fatty acids and fatty tissues, and along with it, drugs, chemicals, pesticides, etc.
- Dead, dying or diseased cells
- Toxic wastes in the lymphatic system and bloodstream
- Toxic wastes in the spleen, liver and kidneys
- Excess mucus from the lungs and sinuses
- Excess cholesterol
Years of faulty diet, beers, junk food, sweets, etc. are being torn down and released as toxins into the blood to be transported out of your system. Be sure to drink plenty of water (distilled water is best) during fasting to flush these wastes out efficiently. You may encounter some healing crisis but they are evidence that your body is responding nicely to the fast.
When an extended juice fasting is done properly, you will find that at the end of it even though you feel physically weak, a lot of healing had taken place inside your body. And as you slowly regain your strength, you will realize that your previous ailments may have also disappeared.
Water fasting, on the other hand …
Starvation by water fasting, on the other hand, happens when in the absence of food, there is not even nutrition. This can be dangerous. During a prolonged starvation, the cells start to attack the body’s vital tissues for survival. This is why a full fast from food and fluids are not encouraged for more than three days.
Water fasting is not to be attempted unless you’re generally healthy and know what you’re doing.
Spiritual Benefits From an Extended Fast/Feast
During an extended fast and prayer, you save the time from preparing meals and spend it on prayer (or meditation) instead. The longer you fast, the more the flesh becomes weak and more sensitive and in tune with the spiritual realm. When you put in more time in prayer, you will experience spiritual or prayer breakthroughs that you may not experience otherwise.
When your physical flesh comes under pressure from weakness, it forces you to become “detached” so that you can quietly observe and realize who you really are. It can be a very humbling experience when even pride of life can be broken.
When you become spiritually bankrupt with nothing to turn to, you face a vacuum in your life that only God can fill. When you have nothing, then you realize that your dependence on God’s mercy enables you to have the same mercy on others.
Ask God to bring to remembrance and bring release to those who have hurt you, and those whom you have hurt. Forgiveness releases you from the bondages of fear, doubt, guilt and hopelessness.
Also read about emotional healing reactions during an extended fast.
And the Result of an Extended Juice Fast/Feast?
At the end of an extended or 40-day (or more days) fast/feast, it’s like you have “reset an internal button” that has rebalanced your body chemistry. You can expect healing in almost every aspect of your being:
- The digestive system is given a well-deserved rest. Although there wasn’t fiber during juice fasting, the juices “loosen up” old hardened fecal matters in the intestines. When you break your fast, these will be “brushed out” and eliminated along with the first foods you eat. This is why breaking fast properly with plant-based foods is so important. If you were juice feasting and eating plant-based foods, the cleaning out of the intestines will happen earlier on during the cleanse.
- Increased and improved mental clarity. Live foods provide live energy that increases the neuro-transmission, thus enhancing the receptivity of the brain and nervous system.
- Enhanced emotional, physical and spiritual sensitivity. When the internal chemistry is brought to balance, when there is mental clarity, emotional toxins are also released that improve a general wellbeing.
- Rapid and safe weight loss. Once your internal organs are brought to a homeostatic state, weight loss just follows and weight maintenance will be easier when you continue to eat healthy.
- Increased energy level and vitality. When toxins are being eliminated, every part of your body feels like new. Your cells are being nicely nourished with the right fuel. Vitality is inevitable.
- Healing of chronic diseases caused by years of poor diet and lifestyle. When your internal organs are healed, they begin to function like new and most of the symptoms you used to have will begin to disappear.
- Reduced nasal stuffiness and congestion. Stuffiness is caused by toxins that cannot be expelled. The phytonutrients in juices are effective in cleaning these off the organ walls to be eliminated.
- Clearer/glowing complexion. When the liver and kidneys are cleansed, nutrients can be carried freely to the entire body for nourishing that give the skin the shiny glow.
- Reduced water retention. Fresh juices have high content of potassium that helps cleanse out excess sodium that causes water retention. Along with loss of excess water, weight loss is often evident early on in the fast.
And many, many more benefits … but most importantly …
A new YOU, rejuvenated physically, mentally and spiritually.