For thousands of years, Chinese healers have been reading faces to detect and diagnose all kinds of diseases. Facial skin is sensitive and can reflect internal changes faster than other parts of the body.
Learn how you can use this ancient practice to uncover clues about your health.
The Chinese medicine teaches us that every area of our face is related with particular organs of our organism, and when we suffer from any imbalance, it is manifested on our face.
Pimples, rashes, patches, redness, acne and changes in the skin’s color are the most usual symptoms that could occur. They can be directly connected to the inner workings of your body. With that, face mapping has become an effective and popular tool to pinpoint internal health ailments and address the issue accordingly.
Forehead: Bladder and small intestine
- Cause: Consuming too much fats and canned food leads to slow digestion, as well as too much alcohol, sugar, night life and stress.
- Cure: Large amounts of water, raw food, avoiding alcohol and try to have a better sleep at night.
Between the eyebrows: Liver
- Cause: Your stomach is tired and doesn’t get the rest it requires. It is working too much when you consume a lot of meat and you might be allergic to some foods.
- Cure: Consume more healthy and fresh foods, get more exposure to fresh air, exercise or any other physical movements and relaxation techniques.
Eyebrow arch: Kidneys
- Cause: Smoking cigarettes, alcohol, poor circulation and weakened heart.
- Cure: Drink plenty of water, reduce the caffeine intake and avoid the intake of sweetened drinks and alcohol.
- Cause: Polluted air, enclosed space, gas, bloated stomach and poor circulation. Hypertension can also lead to many issues in this part of the face.
- Cure: Regulate your blood pressure, check your cholesterol level. Drink organic green tea in order to eject the toxins from your body. Exercises are obliged.
Upper part of the cheeks: Lungs
- Cause: Smoking, pollution and asthma. Also, there is a possibility of dark circles around your eyes.
- Cure: Do not be exposed to polluted air or cigarette smoke (even second hand smoke). If you are a smoker, quit it as soon as you can. Start some exercises or additional physical activities through the day.
Cheeks: Lungs and kidneys
- Cause: Smoking, stress, unhealthy food and overall consumption of sugar
- Cure: Get rid of the unhealthy food and use only high quality cosmetic products.
Mouth and chin: Stomach
- Cause: Food that is loaded with fat, sugar and stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol. This area is most impacted while using spiced foods. Staying up deep in the night and stress can result in imbalance.
- Cure: Consume foods that will balance your organism. Consume large amounts of fruits and vegetables. If you still have problems, visit your doctor.
Jaw and neck: Hormones
- Cause: Overall intake of salt, season food and drinking small amounts of water. Also the overall consumption of caffeine can cause problems.
- Cure: Reduce the intake of salt, seasonings and caffeine. Drink large amounts of water every day.